I was going through my Grandfathers book collection and came upon a old book of poems. In it I found a poem entitled "Be Strong" by Maltbie Davenport Babcock. It reads as follows:
Be Strong!
We are not here to play, to dream to drift;
We have hard work to do, and loads to lift;
Shun not the struggle--face it; 'tis God's gift.
Be Strong!
Say not, "The days are evil. Who's to blame?"
And fold the hands and acquiesce--oh shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely, in God's name.
Be Strong!
It matters not how deep intrenched the wrong,
How hard the battle goes, the day how long;
Faint not--fight on! To-morrow comes the song.
I thought this poem was excellent. I hope you do as well.
Monday, November 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jason I do like that poem. Ok ever since we talked about reading the Book of Mormon buy the end of the year and your comments about doing what the Prophet asked us to do. Man the guilt I have been feeling, but I know that the Lord understands the crazy things that happen with kids and the lack of time to do things. It just makes me try even harder to find time to read. So if you have any spare time to lend I would love some.
Thanks again for the poem!
Lori I am sorry I made you feel guilty, I did not mean to I was just discussing it. I would give you some time if I could
I love this poem. I like to remember to "be strong" when I walk through the doors of Beacon Metals everyday. It is all in th attitude you choose each day. It is a hard thing...I struggle and need poems like these!
Thanks, babe!!
Post a Comment