I thought it would be fun to start posting healthy recipes that we love. This one is one of my favorites. It is only 2 points per cup (Weight Watchers) - which means it is super low in fat and calories with lots of fiber. It is very filling. I keep some in the fridge for that week and freeze the rest in single portions. It can be a little spicy with the Rotel Tomatoes - if you don't want spice, just substitute them for another can of diced tomatoes. I puree the tomatoes a little bit before putting them in because I don't like chunks of tomato. It's up to you. Enjoy!
Taco Soup
1 onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning (I use less, maybe start with a little bit and add more to your liking)
2 cups corn (frozen works great)
1 can chicken broth
1 can black beans
1 can white beans
1 can refried beans
1 can mexican diced tomatoes (Rotel - tomatoes with green chilis)
1 can diced tomatoes
Saute the onion in a big pot. Dump in all ingredients and mix together well as it warms up. Bring the soup to just a boil (do not boil for more than a moment) then cover and simmer on low-medium for 1 hour.
This is really good topped with sour cream, cheese, and crushed chips. Just put on a little of each to keep the fat down :)
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember you talking about this awhile ago. I would love to try it. Thanks!
Yummy Kara! I have a similair WW Chili recipe. Love quick recipes like this...thanks:)
Post a Comment