Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Meaning of Christmas

For years I have struggled with feeling the Spirit of Christmas. It is way too commercialized and empty void of the very purpose. I heard of a commercial for some ultra violent movie "Opening Christmas Day". Wow the day that commemorates the most important birth of the Prince of Peace sacrilegiously defiled by the works of darkness.
This year I need more than ever to feel the Spirit of Christmas. Am I too far entrenched in the pride of my own soul to truly implement the necessary events that would allow me to feel that which is always there. Is Christ in the gifts that we give? I ask myself that , if not what can I do to change it.

Peace

2 comments:

Deanie said...

Hi my Bry, I always struggle with this also. So I found that music is a great place to start. Listen to Christmas carols. Two radio stations play it all day. 106.5 and 100.3. You don't have to listen to them all day, but pick a time and turn it on. You have to create some cozy memories for your little ones. It is your responsibility to help them to feel the spirit of Christ at Christmas time. Read some stories to them and create an atmosphere. Turn all the lights off except the tree lights. Lay on the floor on a blankey, with pillows and cuddle your kiddies. Talk to them, tell them about your childhood. Have some hot cocoa. Especially Addy needs these nice memories right now at her age. Maybe if the little ones don't get into it, Wait till they go to bed and do it with Addy and Lori. Read scriptures. You have to do it, They will remember it always. Just spending the time and effort will help you and be amazing for them. You can create some traditions and bring it into your family the way you want it to happen. Push the worldlyness out and bring Christ in. You can do it and the rewards will be so abundant. I promise. I love you and I know I didn't do the best job cuz I let stress and the world stuff in too much, But you can change that. I love you and your family. Love MOM

Alienfloyd said...

Thanks, good advice.