Thursday, June 28, 2007

Die Toten

I ran for the first time in forever today. It was out of pure frustration. On June 24 Wes Johnson a friend and coworker was found dead in his apartment by his parents. Myself and ten other fellow employees including the President of the company I work for went down to Ritchfield to his funeral today. Wes was 30. Rarely have I met such a genuinely caring person. He had an awesome sense of humor. Why am I frustrated. I cannot comprehend this untimely death. Could I have done more? We never got to go to the shooting range. Could I have been a better friend? I was caught up in my world, my problems, my job, too concerned with the mundane and unimportant to reach out to someone in pain. I do cherish to time I spent with Wes. His insight was profound, his knowledge was deep. Conversations with Wes were always entertaining. He no longer is in pain free of the mortal problems. Truly rest in peace Wes.

2 comments:

SAMMYSMELLS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SAMMYSMELLS said...

Bryan-
Your words are really good, although the last couple of blogs just make every one cry. Not cool seeing how I read them @ work. I am sorry about your Co-worker that is awful. It sounds like he must have suffered from something more then we'll know or understand right now anyway. I hope the funeral went well. & again I am sorry.
Linny