A couple of FHE's ago Dad suggested that we do something for someone else this Christmas as a family. We were all suppose to think of some ideas and get back to him and the family about it. I remember that there were some ideas thrown out there. I can't remember all of them. I remember Kara telling us what her family does. I really like the idea of picking a family or person off the tree and helping their Christmas be wonderful. I just don't know where or when we do that. So, let's decide something that we could do as a family for someone else. Please let me know what you come up with and then we can decide soon.
Thanks!
3 comments:
This might be good for next year but my sister in law Michelle her family does the Angel tree and instead of getting gifts for each other as a family i.e. drawing names and mom and dad giving gifts. Michelles family just does the angel tree they plan one night to meet at the store and they divide up the family they picked and go shopping then go to dinner after wards. (everyone pays for them self.) Just a thought.
Here is another one, 3 years ago my parents told all the kids that insead of getting them a gift for Christmas we should choose an act of service to do for some one in need, that year Bryan and I picked a family in our ward and took the makings for a dinner to them rang the door bell and ran,
On Christmas eve we all told my parents what we had done, It was nice to hear the diffrents acts of service.
That is my 2 cents.
I like the idea. I especially love that picture. Whoever took it must be amazingly great at taking pictures and also a pretty good looking guy!
Lori - that is exactly what we do! If we end up doing that, we would have to start next year and do that instead of giving gifts to the siblings.
Kara
Post a Comment